hope sign

hope sign

Monday, April 22, 2013

Knee Jerk Reactions

On Friday, I was taking my huge vacuum upstairs and all of a sudden my knee caught and I twisted to keep myself and the vacuum from falling down the stairs.  This was a "knee jerk" (bahahaha) reaction but it has caused me pain since.  The only time I am not in pain is when I am sitting in my chair.  As every mother, wife, grandmother, aunt and woman knows, sitting in the chair for more than one or two days is ENOUGH!!!  We have things to do and places to go.  We have dishes to do, clothes to wash, kids to play with…so many things.


My camera and some books that I am reading

I have to say though, being unable to go out and do things was a blessing this weekend.  I got to spend a lot of time with my husband and I had so many visitors yesterday.  I so enjoyed my family coming over, laughing, telling stories, loving one another.  I also got to read some books on photography that I have not taken the time to sit and really learn from.  I have to say, sometimes it takes an unfortunate accident to make us slow down and take in the blessings that God has so graciously given us.

So today, I encourage you to slow down, look around and take in the blessings.  Every good and perfect gift comes from above.  I am moving slow today but not as slow as yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment