hope sign

hope sign

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Butter His Bread...


Two days in a row, I have come downstairs to find my coffee cup, coffee, sweetener and machine all ready to go.  The spoon to stir my coffee is even in my cup ready for the task.  Some may think this is silly for me to get so excited and moved by such a little thing but to me it is not a little thing.  This my friend is an act of LOVE.  Some days I am up before my husband and I will make his coffee in his travel mug but some days I lay in bed as he leaves for work.  Today was one of those days where I was still in bed and he left me a little surprise.  

When Bo and I were first married, he made a statement that I have always remembered.  He said, "A woman who will butter your bread, without being asked,  really loves you."  At first, I thought he was just trying to get me to butter his bread and I kind of puffed up, thinking, "Your arms aren't broke, butter your own bread!"  One day I thought I would put the butter on his bread just to see if he would notice.  I buttered his bread and then started to butter my own and he looked at me and said, "You must really love me.  You buttered my bread."  He leaned over and kissed me and we had a great meal together.  Little acts of kindness.  It is now my honor to butter his bread before my own.  

To be a servant is not to be a battered slave.  I serve Bo because I love Bo.  Bo serves me because he loves me.  Jesus came to earth as a servant because He loves us.  He taught us that true love and true power is all wrapped up in being a servant.  

Mark 9:35 NKJV "If anyone desires to be first, he shall be last of all and servant of all."

When I serve my husband, my children, my family, my church, my fellow man and God, that is when I am most like Jesus.  To some it may seem small but the one I am serving, it's everything.  

I hope you find a way to serve today, it will enhance your Blessed Life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment