hope sign

hope sign

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Can You Smell Spring?

I don't know about you but I can smell Spring.  Yes, I am aware of the snowstorm that is going to hit us tonight into tomorrow but I can still smell Spring.  I am not only talking about the weather in the natural, I am talking about a Spring in my spiritual life.

A renewal of anticipation, dreams, an awakening of life.  Spring flowers are always there but in the winter, they are unseen.  That is the way I feel in my spirit.  The flowers of my spirit have been doing their job for the winter, under ground, gaining strength, getting nourished by the snow and rain on top.  Everything has a season, winter is hard but we always have the hope of SPRING!!  He makes all things new…SPRING.

I walked outside yesterday when Juliana was putting Henry in the car to go home.  I looked in the flower bed and there they were, Daffodils, just the stems sticking up out of the mulch.  Such a pleasant sight.  I said, "Look Julie, look there in the flower bed…it's a sign that spring is just around the corner.  Exciting, huh?"  The sight of the stems made both of us very happy.  I ran inside and got my phone so I could take a pic quickly because it is still cold outside.


I was so excited about these daffodil stems that I walked/half ran to the next flower bed to see if I could see anything else that was SPRING GREEN…and I did!!!!  







Sometimes we have to go through the winter in order to really appreciate the spring.  I know God is doing something new in me.  I can feel the earth stirring, ready to send out shoots of newness.  If I try to force it then it won't last because the root will be damaged but if I let God do His work, in His time then I will see the fullness of what His plan is.  My job right now is to do the task that He has already set before me.  The dreaming part comes easy for me because I am a dreamer, the patience part is a whole lot harder.  But if I daily align myself up with the Word and prepare for the dream to take place than I won't have time to rush the blooming.

And he who sat upon the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." And he also said, "Write this, for these words are trustworthy and true." Revelation 21:5

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, the old has gone, the new has come!
 2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV

Such great promise, possibilities that each new day brings.  We are so blessed to have such a God as this.  I hope your day sees the blessings that God intended for you have, today.

CAN YOU SMELL THE SPRING????








No comments:

Post a Comment