hope sign

hope sign

Friday, February 22, 2013

Join the Celebration

Well, I have to tell you all that I am sick again.  This winter has been hard on me with colds.  This time, it came at me hard.  So I am staying in and laying around.  I have been moving very slowly so I am just getting to write today.  I had to wait for my medicine to wear off so I can think clearly.  I am writing through watery eyes and with tissues on my face.  Not pretty at all.


I wanted to share with you today something that I read this morning.  It's about celebration and gratitude.  This is from You Version app, Lent for Everyone by N.T. Wright.

"We today fast during Lent, to remind ourselves of the sorrow and sin that still abounds in the world and in our own lives.  But we do so as a people whose basic mode of life is celebration.  God has brought the new world into being, in and through, Jesus.  Don't try and put the new cloth on the old garment or the new wine into the old bottles.  God is making everything new, and He's inviting us to the party."


Don't you just love to think of how He makes all things new.  We were in the midst of our sin and He still pulled us up out of that mess.  Joy comes in the morning.  We wake up and even though things may not be completely as we like them to be, every morning brings with it the the hope of newness.
It is exciting and a reason to celebrate.  Jesus wipes the mess away and leaves us clean and refreshed.

If this is not how your day starts then maybe you should start your day with Jesus.  He will give you a new perspective and renewed hope for the future.

Someone sent this to me and it rings true.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend.  Look around and see how you are living a BLESSED LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment