hope sign

hope sign

Thursday, February 28, 2013

I Like Simple




I have to tell you that I am so enjoying my readings in the morning.  It's like I crave them as soon as I wake up.  I love it when God takes something from yesterday and weaves it into today's readings.  My father preached a wonderful message last night about Jesus being driven into the wilderness by the Spirit.  This morning, I wake up to read my devotion and it is about, "Lead us not into temptation".  My second reading was about how Jesus came for the weak ones.  For the ones who are wobbling in their faith and feel unloved.  How our King came building His Kingdom by caring for the weak, hurting, unstable.  How He made it His mission to rebuild what the world and the devil thought they had destroyed.  God is good.

We have such hope.  Jesus made sure that He felt everything we feel.  He made sure that we know that the smallest detail matters to Him.  He identifies with the hungry, the outcast, the lonely.  He knows how it feels making decisions that will bring us pain but it is the right thing to do.  He faced that temptation in the garden when he prayed to the Father…"O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will" Matthew 26:39.  A hard prayer to pray.  I can feel his longing here.  In that same verse it says that He fell on His face and prayed.  How many times have we been so distraught or hopeless that we fell on our face before the Lord?  I have found myself there more times than I care to remember.  I have been to the point of despair that I thought I was going to vomit from it but He brought me through.  My body, my mind, my heart couldn't take the pain but my FAITH was/is in Him.  That is our LORD.  He is our SAVIOR.

He meets us in the Philippines, in the US…wherever we are
Makes me think of the song, "I give myself away, so you can use me".  Jesus did it and we can do it too.  He understands us.  He loves us.  He knows us.  We are not alone in this walk.

If you are on a mountain top, in the valley or somewhere in between, God is there.  Yes, it is a simple message and that's OK.  I like simple.

I hope you encounter God today.  Have a BLESSED DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment