hope sign

hope sign

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Are We The Problem OR The Solution?

Have you ever heard the saying, "You are either part of the problem or part of the solution"?  Bo told me one time that if you are going to point out a problem, it is best to have a suggestion of a solution to that problem or you might be causing more trouble than you are prepared to handle.

Thinking of spring today
I find there are some who feel like it is their job to point out all the things that can go wrong or that you missed or anything that they see differently than you do.  They draw attention to the negative, the unpleasant, they are "glass half empty" people.  I have to admit, it is hard for me to handle these things. I like to plan and I like to concentrate on the good.  I am not saying that I don't see what's going on, it's just that I don't speak the negative into existence.  I am aware that we need to count the cost before starting something, even the cost of what could go wrong.  I am not advocating blinders when it comes to dealing with life.  I just know that people who are always pointing out the bad are Joy thieves.

Joy thieves come into your life and suck all the joy of living right out of it.  My mom calls is "Eeyore Syndrome", "It's a beautiful day" you say, "Yeah but it's probably going to rain" Eeyore's response.  Joy thieves don't let you truly enjoy a victory, event or your day.  They will find something to complain about or warn you about.  It is all very tiring.  Without joy, I feel tired, lethargic, empty, warn plum out. 

Nature's beauty 

Joy feeds your soul.  Joy strengthens your body, mind and spirit.  THE JOY OF THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH.

Here is my solution to Joy thieves…don't give them a place to dwell in your heart or home.  We have to guard our hearts.

 Proverbs 4:23 AMP  "Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life." 
Nehemiah 8:10b AMP  "And be not grieved and depressed, for the joy of the LORD is your strength and stronghold."  

Without being rude, rebut all their negativity with positive solutions.  Choose to find the good and hold on tight to it.  My dad often says, "Two men looking out through prison bars, one saw mud and the other saw stars".  It's all in the way we look at things.

Today I will purpose in my heart to look at what is good.  I will hold the good and release the bad.  I will think of the goodness of God.  I will see that I am His child and that I am loved.  Today is going to be a good day!!!!  It is the day that the LORD has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it.

This is MY BLESSED LIFE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment