hope sign

hope sign

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sadness to Gladness

Honeymooners are back, Henry and Juliana have moved out and our house is super quiet.  Henry did not like when he went upstairs to his room and his bed was gone.  He said to his Mama, "Where's Henry's bed?"  She told him it was at Henry's house and he told her NO.  She told him that they were moving and he said, "No, I not."  This kid is too much.  We face timed last night after they got home and discovered that it was too early for that.  He was crying, I was crying…too early for sure.  But we both got through it and today is a new day.

So today, I will focus (as much as I can) on the good things and leave the sad alone.  When the sadness tries to creep its ugly head up, I will be thankful for the good things.  I don't believe that being sad about Juliana and Henry moving out is wrong but I don't want it to rule my day and infiltrate my every thought.  I can not control what thoughts pop up in my head but I do control which ones I give a place to.  I will sing while I clean and finish my laundry.  Singing about the goodness of God always changes my attitude because it changes my focus.  My focus goes from me to Him and that's always better.

Don't let sadness rule your life.  Don't let disappointments control your thoughts and emotions.  Find something that gives you joy and peace and love.  Find something that you are thankful for and focus on that.  My husband sent me this scripture as I was writing this post…God has a way of speaking to us.  I Thessalonians 5:18 NKJV "In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."


No comments:

Post a Comment