hope sign

hope sign

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Calendars and Changes…



For the past three years, I have made a picture calendar and given it out to Henry's Mommy, Great Grandparents and I hang one up in my kitchen.  It has pics of Henry throughout the year that just passed.  I make it in December because I want to use the most recent Christmas pictures.

This year, I went to make a calendar using iPhoto which I always do but my computer was messing up so I went online and made it there.  I am not a happy camper.  My calendar won't stay together, it won't hang flat and I am just not happy with it.  I have used this online company for Christmas pictures, canvas prints and books and I have always been pleased but their calendars just fall short of Apple's.


Yesterday, I decided that I was not going to fool around with this calendar all year.  I got on my iPhoto and made a new one just for myself.  I gave out the others already and I do apologize to the ones who received one as gift.  Next year, I will not make the same mistake.

I always have a lot of fun picking out the pictures I am going to use for my calendar.  When I made the new one, I changed a couple of pics and I am very pleased with the outcome.  I cannot wait for my new calendar to come in.  I like using my computer calendar but I like having a calendar hanging up in my house so that I can write things down that the whole family might need to see.


Some changes are good and some are not so good.  I was thinking about that this morning before I began to write.  Changes…my word for 2013.  I changed my calendar company…bad decision but not a life altering one.  This Saturday, my daughter will make the change from single to married…definitely a life altering one.  It will not only alter her life but Henry's, Aaron's (groom) and ours.  I asked her last night if she was totally sure.  I said that this decision is a forever one.  Marriage isn't something you can just walk away from.  She looked at me with her huge chocolate brown eyes and said, "Yes, Mom, I am sure.  I love Aaron and I cannot wait to be married to him."  You may ask why I would ask her such a question three days before her wedding.  My answer is this, I want my daughter to be 100% sure that she is doing the right thing and marrying the right man.  It is not my decision to make, it is hers.  I needed to look in her eyes and see her surety.  I got what I was looking for.  I am so happy for my daughter and her groom.  They truly love each other and I that is what this Mama needed to see and hear.  CHANGES…

Even when our changes do not work out the way we expected I have a place to go for peace.
Psalm 27:5 For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; In the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock.



No comments:

Post a Comment