hope sign

hope sign

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Trousseau Tea…Love…Weddings…Marriage

I wish I had the forethought to have hosted a Trousseau Tea for my daughter.  I have been reading about this and it would have been an intimate, special occasion for us.  I have to keep this in mind for when Kelcie gets married…YEARS from now.

Jake & Scovia 2011

I love the idea of a Trousseau Tea.  It's a dainty, girly, tradition.  I think we should get back to the sacredness of weddings and marriage.  It seems to me that so many wish to make a wedding as casual as going to Walmart.  Nothing is special anymore.  A wedding/marriage is so much more than a piece of paper.  It is a ceremony in front of your family and friends but more importantly it is a man and a woman, standing before God, VOWING to spend the rest of their lives together.  Vowing to walk together in love and living in the presence of God.  It's saying that God, we acknowledge your authority in our lives and we choose to obey you and each other.

Christian & Patrick 2009

I have been told that all the "hoopla" surrounding a wedding is unnecessary, but I have to disagree.  When you make a forever decision, the "hoopla" is the honor that says, "this decision matters to me".  When things matter, you put all your effort, money and time into it.  You make sure that everything is perfect and that everyone is aware of how you feel and how much this means to you.

Cecilia & Matthew 2010

We have to stop dumbing down the important things.  Marriage is important, weddings are important, that's why they happen in the House of God.




I am looking forward to seeing my little girl dressed in her beautiful white gown, walking down the aisle on her daddy's arm.  I can't wait to see all of our friends and family, dressed up with smiles on their faces and love in their eyes.  I am looking forward to the ceremony, the communion, the pictures, the food, and the dancing.  This will be a day that Juliana and Aaron will never forget.  You need the special days to help you get through the hard times.

My Daddy & Me 23 years ago 1989


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and that God blesses you with a weekend full of love.  It is the best part of a BLESSED LIFE…LOVE.

http://www.greylikesweddings.com/the-archive/trousseau-tea/

No comments:

Post a Comment