hope sign

hope sign

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Breakdowns and Love

Yesterday I changed my family room around.  It usually happens after Christmas when I take down the trees but this time I waited a week.  Henry was NOT happy. He didn't like when I moved anything except the rug.  He got so excited when I took the rug up to clean under it.  He acted like he had a new place to play.  When I put the rug back down, he started crying.  I was totally confused.  When I asked him why he was crying, he looked up at me with tears streaming down his face and said, "play…dare (there)", so as any good Grammy will do, I pulled the rug back up and he continued to play for a little while.



I'm not sure if he thought it was sand and he was golfing or if he just liked the texture of the padding under the rug but he sure did have a good time.  When he was finished, I put the rug back down so I could vacuum it.  He started laughing and said, "ME".  He wanted to vacuum.  Now, years ago when my nephew Ethan was little, he loved to vacuum.  Bo and I figured out that if we took a piece out of the vacuum, it was just his size.  We are now doing that with our Henry.  A month ago, he would run and hide when I turned on the vacuum, now he wants to do it himself.  


He vacuumed until he got tired.  He told me it was heavy, so Grammy took over and completed the job.    We had many emotional breakdowns yesterday in the VanDyke home on Coachman Drive.  Henry didn't like when the tables and chairs got moved across the room.  He didn't like it when I moved his toy chest.  He broke down when I took his chair apart to wash the cover.  But the biggest meltdown was when I took off his pajamas because he spilled cereal and milk all over himself.  It took his Aunt Scovia and Grammy to dress him in sweatpants and sweatshirt.  We were all sweating by the time he calmed down.  

With all the emotional breakdowns, fits and cleaning, Grammy was pretty tired when Mommy came home.  Mommy and Aaron took Henry to the townhouse for a while and you know what happened, I missed him.  Even though it wasn't an easy day, it was a good day.  A good, blessed day because I had the great honor of spending it with my grandson.  In the "between" times when there wasn't a fit, there was sitting on my lap saying, "Wuv you Dammy".  I love those words.  When you love, there is always good in every day.  

I am looking forward to what today brings in my BLESSED LIFE.


No comments:

Post a Comment