hope sign

hope sign

Monday, January 7, 2013

My APPLE Orchard...

Where do you go for inspiration, encouragement, growth, spiritual guidance, emotional guidance…anything of that nature?  Is there someone you go to for all the above?  Is there a book or a place that you go to?  

I have been on a quest (in my mind) to become more organized and productive in my everyday life.  I bought a book on organization but I am still waiting on time to read it.  Right now we are in full wedding mode so down time to read is truly non existent right now.  But the wedding is only 12 days away and then things will start calming down, hopefully.  


I have had time to make lists of things I would like to accomplish in 2013.  It is more of a "Goals and Dreams List for the Home in 2013".  It starts with painting and ends with kitchen and bathroom remodels.  Yes, some of the things on the list will be easy to accomplish, some will take planning in 2013 to be completed in 2014, UNLESS, God sees fit to provide me a miracle or two…(are ya reading this God? lol).  

Daddy, the one I get my love for the planning process from
Bo, the one who has to put up with the constant conversation
about it…YUP, they both inspire me and encourage me and
LOVE ME!!!

All actions start with a thought, so my mind and thoughts are where I need to start the forming process of my actions.  Reading, meditating, talking things out with my husband and friends.  This is usually my process.  I can think something to death.  I can go to bed thinking about something and wake up thinking about it.  I do have difficulty shutting my mind down at night when I am in the planning stage of a project.  So, as Barbara Nickles told her daughter, "write it down to make room in your mind for new thoughts", that is what I am trying to do.  I love all my Apple products because I can make a list on my computer and it shares it with my phone and iPad mini.  So no matter what device I have with me at the time, I have all of my lists right there.  This has been most helpful with the wedding planning.  It is easier typing on the computer but I don't like carrying it around everywhere and it hasn't been a problem.  My phone or iPad mini are easy to tote places.  I love it.  (I call my devices, my orchard…my Apple Orchard.)

My encouragement Team…
Christian, Cheryl and Sarah

Keeping Colossians 3:17 NKJV in mind "And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the LORD Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him".  If I do it all as unto the LORD then no matter what I accomplish, I will be thankful for His guidance, inspiration, encouragement and for all those He has placed in my life.  I truly believe that if you look hard enough, you can find inspiration in just about all places.  You can find a way to grow from each situation, good or bad.  Be careful who you let speak into your life but make sure you are speaking life into someones.  In verse 16 of Colossians 3 it says, "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the LORD."  

It is still my desire to become more organized and productive in 2013.  Not just around my home but in my walk with the LORD, in my writing, Friday Night Light, finances…so many things.  I am aware, it is a process and I will do it as unto the LORD.  I know it will only add to MY BLESSED LIFE!!



Woman full of wisdom and grace
My Mother
Lorraine Estep   
Lauren Noel Niles, my style guru…Amazing young lady
who can and will do all that she truly dreams of.



Jenna Hope Feeser, my niece with great artistic flair
She inspires me and makes me laugh.





No comments:

Post a Comment