hope sign

hope sign

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Shopping & Trains & Prayers



Aaron, Juliana & Henry on the train…My little girl is beautiful here. 
It has been an extremely busy week.  I haven't had a chance to sit and write…no quiet moments and I need quiet moments to think things through.  So, now it is quiet I can get something down.

Thursday, my sisters, parents, husband and I went on our annual shopping trip.  This starts way too early and ends way too late.  We shop, eat and laugh all day long.  This year was no exception.  We enjoyed one anthers company and fell into bed when we got home.  This was the first year my dad, who does not like to shop, went with us.  He was a trooper though.  He stuck right with us and never complained.  I have to say that I was proud of him for enduring the noise, long hours and then buying our dinner.  What a MAN!!!  Love you Daddy!!!  I was also so proud of my husband who has been sick since Wednesday.  He walked and shopped and tried to keep up a regular pace with us girls.  He is an amazing man.  I am blessed!!!


Mom & Dad & the girls

Bo & The girls

Friday we took Henry to the Strasburg Railroad Twas The Night Before Christmas ride.  He was super excited to go but fell asleep on the way there.  Woke up like a bear but then eventually his sweet side came through.  He loved the train whistle and the conductor.  He played with the other children then Santa boarded the train.  We got milk and cookies and a coloring book of the story.  I was just as excited as Henry.  It was a great time and a beautiful evening.  I recommend this to anyone.  Young and old will love it.  They create such a magical Christmas atmosphere.  I was giddy with childlike Christmas butterflies.  

Henry all ready for the train

Henry & Grammy making faces
Our Host for the pj party
SANTA

Today was just as busy but I will write about that another day.  Enjoy your families during this time.  Let's keep the families forever changed by the tragedy in CT in our prayers throughout this season and into the New Year.  This song keeps going in my mind, "Let there be peace on earth and let it begin in me…"  and my brother, Ronald Scott Estep,  wrote a song that will forever be a part of my hearts cry, "Heal our land.  As we humble ourselves to pray.  America the beautiful needs your healing hand today…"  God Bless You.

No comments:

Post a Comment