hope sign

hope sign

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Love Drives It All

I had a busy weekend and I am still trying to get caught up.  So sorry I didn't post yesterday but time got away from me.

My weekend consisted of decorating the fellowship hall at the church for the Christmas banquet, celebrating my father in law's 71st birthday with dinner & shopping Saturday Night.  Sunday is quite the blur.  I was at the church by 9:15 am, we had the Eucharist, Service, choir practice, came home and ate a scrapple sandwich, baked an apple pie, made a ham (well Bo did), made corn pudding, got ready for the banquet, left around 4:00 for church to make sure everything was ready, took pictures of the church family and then had the banquet.  Got home around 9:45, tired but happy!!!!

Juliana & Henry…I love this.  My Julie is so cute & Henry
is not happy…lol
I know the busyness of this most wonderful season can get to us all.  Overwhelmed comes to mind at times.  But I realize that it is love that drives it all.  I love so I give of my time, wallet, energy.  In the busyness, I still find that I am laughing, building relationships, embraced in love from friends & family.  So as I plan this week to go shopping on Thursday with my sisters, mother, aunt, dad & husband and then turn around on Saturday and host our annual Estep cookie bake day, I am excited about all the fun we will have because we are together.

Scovia & Jenna…crazy girls
I was out shopping last night with my beautiful daughter in love, Scovia.  We were shopping for Jake and only Jake.  When we finally sat down for some dinner, I asked her if Christmas in America was like she imagined or more than she imagined.  She said it is way more than she imagined.  She said, "Now, we need snow and then it will be Christmas."  I had to inform her that we usually don't have snow for Christmas.  I think she was disappointed, like all of us who would love snow on Christmas.  So my Christmas wish for this year is that my African daughter will get to see snow for the first time ever, on Christmas Eve or Christmas day.  How many will make that wish with me?  Now everybody sing, "Snow, It won't be long before we'll all be there with snow.  Snow.  I want to wash my hands, my face and my hair with snow.  Snow  I long to clear a path and lift a spade of snow. Snow. Oh, to see a great big man entirely made of snow"…Bing Crosby (White Christmas)

Me & The Man I Love from our Christmas Banquet

No comments:

Post a Comment