hope sign

hope sign

Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy Birthday Kelcie Lorraine


Twenty New Years Eve's ago, I got up at 6 am to be at the hospital by 8.  Today was the day I was being induced.  My baby was due on the 6th of December and she just wasn't coming.  I remember crying thinking that I was going to be pregnant forever.  I had given birth 15 months before and I felt like I had been pregnant for 2 years straight.

They weren't sure if I would give birth on the 31st or the 1st.  Thankfully, she came at 5:19 pm.  This beautiful, perfect baby girl.  We had not decided on a name yet but I had told my mother that I dreamed that I named her Kelcie Lorraine.  Mom told me it was a message from God…lol.  This was the only time Mom was in the room when I had a baby.  Usually she was there for the whole labor but left during the delivery.  With Kelcie, she didn't have time to leave.  Kelcie came within minutes of my water breaking.  So as you can see, I named her Kelcie Lorraine after my friend and my mother.

Kelcie was always a good baby.  She wasn't demanding, she only cried when she was hungry or wet.  She was happy just watching her 3 year old brother and 1 year old sister play.  They made her laugh all the time.  Kelcie had the fattest cheeks, arms and legs.  Jake said he remembers just pushing on her cheeks because they were so fat.

Today, we celebrate my baby's 20th birthday.  She has grown into a beautiful young woman.  She is beautiful inside and out.  I am very proud of her and so proud to be her Mommy.  She is the baby of the family and she always hated that.  I am so glad to have her as my daughter.

She is such a mixture of her father and me.  She is tall and slender with a smile that could melt the hardest of hearts.  She loves God and her family.  She can do wacky eyebrow tricks and make one ear wiggle.  She sings like an angel with the anointing straight from God.  She loves to play games with her Mama and she loves the BEACH!!!!

So HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kelcie Lorraine VanDyke!!!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment