hope sign

hope sign

Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve…We Wish You A Merry Christmas!

It's Christmas Eve and we all woke up late this morning.  Now everyone is up and those who have to work are gone and the rest of us are here getting ourselves ready for the big night.

Christmas Eve gets busy around 4pm for us.  We go to my Grandmothers for a big crazy couple of hours.  There will be 5 generations in one place. No matter where you go in her house, it's full of people.  Little ones running around and older ones trying to find a place to sit down.  After we leave her house, some of us (The Estep branch) head to the church to ready for the Christmas Eve service.  It's a part of Christmas Eve that I love.  It's usually just my family at the church for a while and we laugh, take pictures and make sure that everything is ready for the service.

I love the Christmas Eve Service.  There is just a special feeling that takes over the whole sanctuary.  When we light the candles and sing Silent Night, sometimes I get overwhelmed and cry.  It is just a special time.





I want to wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!  Enjoy your family as I enjoy mine.  Now, I have to go and help Henry make cookies for Santa.  This year he understands some and his Mama is starting traditions.  It's going to be a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment