hope sign

hope sign

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thankful Day Seven--Bubble Guppies

Thankful Month Day Seven--
 
This morning as I wake up to news of the election, which didn't go the way I voted, I force myself
 to look around and focus on being Thankful. Not that I am in despair but disappointed doesn't quite describe my feelings either.  I guess, sad says it better.  But I put all that aside and see that I really do have so much to be thankful for.  

Today, the seventh of November, I am Thankful for Henry loving to watch Bubble Guppies.  I know this sounds crazy but I do love their little songs and no one is political on this show.  Henry laughs out loud at these little characters.  He is sitting in his Henry chair, eating sausage gravy on toast and watching Bubble Guppies.  Such peace…I love it!  

So today, as I try and understand what just happened in our country, I will watch my grandson and find JOY!!!  I will be thankful for his little shows, dinosaurs, animals, Lego's, blocks, trucks and cars.  I will find peace in making him lunch and singing songs with him.  We will dance and color and love one another.  Then when the snow starts to fall, we will be in a state of amazement like all 2 year old boys.  It's going to be a good day.  

I will quote and re-quote Philippians 4:8 "Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."



No comments:

Post a Comment