hope sign

hope sign

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thankful Day 8- The WORD

Thankful Day 8--Today I am thankful for the Word.  No matter what we are going through physically, mentally, emotionally, the Word always has what we need.

I woke up this morning and the Word is the first thing I read (after a text from Sarah).  I have the Bible on my phone and it gives me a verse of the day.  It was just a little verse from Romans 12:12, "rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;"  It allows you to read the whole chapter, which I did.  Boy did I need to read ALL of Romans 12.  So I posted it on Facebook.

I never tire of the Word.  Everyday brings something new.  You can read the same scripture 20 times and glean something new from it.  The words never change but our level of understanding does.  So God shows us something that we missed before.

In our home we have several Bibles from all over the world.  My husband picks one up just about every time we go out of the country.  Even when we went to Sonoma, California, we went into a little second hand shop called The Church Mouse and he found an old small Bible there.  His love of the Word has influenced all in our home.  For this I am so thankful.

I am so thankful for the BIBLE and the freedom to read it whenever we need or want to.  It makes me think of the song we sang as children:

                                               The B-I-B-L-E yes that's the book for me
                                                I stand alone on the Word of God
                                                 The B-I-B-L-E.

This is how I learned how to spell Bible.  I remember learning the books of the Bible to music on a record.  I learned the Fruit of the Spirit in a song on the same record and many more.

Our mental, emotional and physical states effect each other constantly.  We have a source given to us by God, right at our finger tips.  I have about 20 Bibles in my house (Some I can read, some I can't) and I have the Bible on my computer & phone.  All of these Bibles won't do me a lick of good if I don't open them and then do what it says.  Of course, acting on what I've read is the hard part sometimes, at least for me.  But, the love of God compels me.

My Bo reading The Bible in Barnes & Noble
The Word of God adds significantly to my Blessed Life.


No comments:

Post a Comment