hope sign

hope sign

Monday, November 26, 2012

Showers and Christmas

Busy week doesn't even begin to describe last week.  I think it is catching up with my whole family.  I have two sick on the couch and the rest is just worn out.  But today, I am going to decorate the house for Christmas.

I usually have the house decorated by now.  But since Juliana's bridal shower was Saturday, the weekend after Thanksgiving was totally dedicated to it.  We had a beautiful freezing cold day for the shower.  Juliana was surprised and that delighted us all.  We had a great time.

My mom and Juliana

Juliana & her wedding party

Our wonderful pink sugared Champagne flutes
We had yummy Mormon Champagne.



So now on to the Christmas season.  Christmas music, movies, cookies, decorations, cards, gifts, gatherings, shopping, laughing, sharing, family, friends, spirit…I LOVE IT ALL!!!  I know many people get overwhelmed with all the things they want to accomplish during this wonderful season but I love to take it all in.  I look forward to it all year.  I love to read all the magazines and see all the different ways people decorate.  I love to read stories of Christmas long ago and how they celebrated.  It makes my heart flutter a little.  I know you may think I am crazy and maybe I am but I like Christmas.  I love nativity scenes, and how the name of Jesus is almost everywhere you look.  I love that this holiday is grounded in the birth of my savior.  

In this season of giving, make it more than a chore.  Give someone a kind word, a smile, a hug.  You never know what they are going through and your gentleness or kindness might be just what they need.  Love started it all and love is the fuel to keep it going.  

John 13:34  A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

Christmas adds to my blessed life and for that I am truley thankful!!





















No comments:

Post a Comment