hope sign

hope sign

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Serve One Another

I have a confession to make.  I am not one for confessions but I think someone may benefit from it.  After my post yesterday, I was really feeling the Christmas Spirit but then I got in the way.  I started looking around at the mess this weekend had produced in my house and I got angry.  I then let that anger feed on other things in my life that I have no control over and it just grew from there.  By the time I finished washing the dishes, counters, stove, sweeping the floor and wiping down the trash can and all around it, Christmas was no longer on my mind.  I was livid and not fit to be around anyone except for Henry.  Of course that is when my phone started ringing and the poor person on the other end was not greeted with love or joy.  Yes, it was poor Bo.  He called and wasn't expecting an angry elf on the other end.  Yes, I was a south pole elf…wayyyyy south.

I was angry all day.  I didn't want to talk to anyone and so I took a nap.  When I woke up, I decided that my poor husband and son who worked hard all day needed a home cooked meal.  We had tons of left overs and I was going to make something of them.  I made beef tips with gravy, rice and cooked apples.  It was yummy and just doing that one thing, my mood began to change.  By the time dinner was over and cleaned up, Mommy was back in the Christmas mood.

As I began to decorate the tree with Henry, Scovia & Juliana, I started thinking.  Doing for others, changes you.  I needed a different perspective and that's what I got.  I started serving someone and stopped thinking of myself.  I felt totally revived and renewed.

I am so thankful for Bo's patience with me today.  His gentleness and kindness when he wasn't getting any response was amazing.  He knew exactly what I was thinking and feeling (because he asked and I answered).  He came in and immediately put his strong arms around me and just held me.  I love this man more than words can describe.  His presence puts my heart and mind at ease.  He is a strength to me and our whole family.  He is easy to love and I count it an honor to be his wife.


Here I go again encouraging you to be kind, serve one another…it just might change your perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment