hope sign

hope sign

Monday, October 1, 2012

Choose Thankfulness

We are home.  The beach was fun and relaxing but now it is time to get back to daily life.

I do like my daily life.  I like routine and things that I can count on.  I like the feeling of being home in my own house with my family.  There is something about the familiar that makes you feel secure and comfortable.  Even when we go to Hatteras every year, we like to stay in the same house because we know it now and it is homey.  We have stayed in several homes but when we found Davis Dunes II, we were like, "ahhhh, a home at the beach".  It just felt right.  We have stayed there since 2009.  It has been a total of 5 times.  We love that place.

I look around at my life and I can physically see the many blessings that have been given to me.  Today, I am going to choose to be thankful.  As the day goes on and I feel like the frustration is rising, I will stop and say, "Thank you Lord for my many blessings".  I can even find myself getting more specific in my thankfulness.

I challenge each one of us today, find something to be thankful for.  Choose to be thankful today.  It will bless you and those around you.

I love this sunset.  It greeted us on the ferry back to Hatteras from Ocracoke

Bo on Ocracoke beach…I love this pic

The shell I found on the Ocracoke beach

Scovia & Jake…So thankful that my son found such a beautiful
lady…beautiful inside & out.

No comments:

Post a Comment