hope sign

hope sign

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Play With Your Toys

What is it that you like to do?  I mean really like to do.  Not just a passing thing but something that becomes a part of who you are or what you are known for.  The kind of thing that if you haven't been able to do it, you miss it.

For me it is photography.  About 4 years ago I discovered that I really like the art of photography.  I love the creativity of framing a photo with the camera so you do not need to crop anything because you did the work when taking it.  I love the lenses and what you can do with a macro.  When you use the macro lens you can almost feel part of the subject.

I never thought I would enjoy taking photos of nature but I have found that nature is one of my favorite subjects.  God provided all the colors, light, shadows that you need.

I am only a beginner in photography.  I have so much to learn.  I would love to learn how to process real film in a dark room.  I need to learn more about the craft that is photography.  That is one of the things I love the most…so much to learn.  It continues to amaze me and challenge me.

In the past month I haven't had the chance to work much with my camera.  I am leaving Saturday for the beach and I am planning on taking as many shots as I can.  Now my most favorite of all subjects is my family and they are coming along (except for Kelcie…:-( sad face).  I am looking forward to just being able to play with my camera and lenses.



Here are a few of my favorites:

Bo & Henry...Hatteras 2012

Tropical Storm Beryl…Hatteras 2012

Henry in a puddle…Mothers Day 2012

Bo & Kimi…Hatteras 2009

Henry…Day at the Park
I love the way the light is interacting
with the camera causing spots

Macro lens & flower…I like to think that this is the view
a bee has when going from flower to flower.

Today, do something that makes you feel creative and happy.  Play isn't only for children.  Get out your big girl or big boy toys and just enjoy your day.  Even if it is for just a 1/2 hour…this is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad.  It will only add to your BLESSED LIFE.





No comments:

Post a Comment