hope sign

hope sign

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Cheryl

Some birthdays just require you to stop and take notice.  The first birthday of a child...13th birthday-Teenagers...16th Birthday...21st Birthday and then you just kind of have birthdays until you reach the big 4-0!!  40 is a big year.  I celebrated my 40th last year and yesterday, my baby sister celebrated hers. Yes, Cheryl is FORTY!!!  So I am dedicating this post to her.  Since I didn't write yesterday on her birthday, I will take today's post and think of Cheryl.

You see 13 months and 5 days after I was born, Cheryl Annette Estep entered into this world, kicking me out of my crib...lol.  Of course I have no memories of this day or any surrounding this day.  But when my memories start, Cheryl is a part of everyone of them.  Of course, we didn't get along all the time but we love each other very much.

I am so thankful for our childhood...making mud pies for the neighbor boy when we lived in Aberdeen...putting on plays for Mom and Dad in the living room of the apartment above the church...acting like "ladies" at McDonald's by crossing our legs and holding up our pinkies when we were eating...Good times.  There are so many memories that it would take more space than I have to write them all down.

The Estep Girls
Cheryl, Christian & Me in Fenwick 1 year ago
I love my little sister very much.  I am very thankful for her and cannot imagine my life without her.  We don't live together any more but we are still very connected.  Not just connected by blood but by memories, by heart, by love.

Cheryl is a lady.  She grew up to be what we always played at.  She is proper (compared to me & Christian that is), she is delicate and strong, beautiful, kind, loving, tenderhearted, wise, funny as all get out and I wouldn't have her any other way.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHERYL!!!   I love you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment