hope sign

hope sign

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Thanks

America the Beautiful


It is only Tuesday but it feels like it could be Friday to me.  I was up most of the night waiting to hear from my son and daughter in law.  Scovia had her interview at the US Embassy in Kenya regarding her VISA.  She was granted her VISA but there is one more step that we were not aware of.

I tell you, I was so nervous last night that tears just kept coming.  I have never had that before.  I wasn't sad, I wasn't upset....I was anxious.  It has been 11 months since my son has been home and I just want him & Scovia HOME!!!  I have found through this process that Kimi is not a patient person.  I am sure many could have told you that a long time ago but it has become very apparent to me lately.

I like order, truth, transparency and for people to be upfront about things.  The immigration process is very long and confusing.  But in the end, my Jake and Scovia will be home and they can start a life here in the United States.

We have seen God's hand move every step of the way.  Even in the middle of the night, He moved so that Scovia could start the last step very quickly.  God does put people in your path so that He can show you who HE is. He did that last night for the kids.  For that I am very thankful.  When the news came in about one more thing, I was angry.  I forgot to say Thank You LORD for what He had already done.  This morning when I was fully awake, I had to stop and say Thanks.

"Thanks, thanks, I give you thanks. For all you've done.  I am so blessed, my soul is at rest.  Oh LORD, I give you thanks."  I don't want to be an unthankful child.  I have to keep a thankful heart at all times.  I have to remind myself of that.

 "In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18 KJV

 In the Message Bible it says it this way, "thank God no matter what happens.  This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live." 1 Thessalonians 5:18 MSG

I am looking forward to the day, real soon, when all three of my children, their spouses, my grandson, Bo & I can sit down and have dinner together in our home.  What a great day that will be.


Jake & Scovia VanDyke...The Traditional Marriage Ceremony in
Uganda, Africa


No comments:

Post a Comment