hope sign

hope sign

Monday, August 13, 2012

Praise

"Oh Noooo", that's all he said
We sang an old song in church yesterday morning called, "Burdens Are Lifted Away".  It seems so many are bogged down by the burdens of everyday life.  I told a friend last night that the problem with life is that it is so daily.  You can't escape the dailiness of life but we do have a way to deal with the burdens.  The LORD has provided a way for us to deal with the burdens and still have joy.  Praise.

When we are burdened down, Praise!!!  Praise takes the focus off of our situation and puts it on God.  Does it fix the problem? No & Yes...you see sometimes the problem is all wrapped up in our attitude or perspective.  When we praise, it will adjust our attitude and at times it can give us a new perspective.  At the very least, it gives us a time of rest from the situation.

When I praise Him in song, my spirit is lifted and my mind is at rest.  It allows me to lean on HIM, the Only ONE who totally knows me inside and out.  I cannot hide my true motives from the LORD.  I cannot hide my deep down emotions either.  I am an open book.

Henry & his Papa Estep
I love the song, "The More I Seek You".  The chorus is my favorite because it says, "I want to sit at your feet, drink from the cup in your hand.  Lay back against you and breathe, feel your heartbeat..."  It reminds me of being a little girl, sitting on my father's lap, listening to his heartbeat.  That is such a safe place.  I knew I was safe and loved.  What more could you ask for.  Well, guess what?  We are safe and loved by our Heavenly Father.

When you feel like your burdens are just too much to handle, remember that Jesus will help you with the load.  Just call on HIM.  Don't let life steal your praise.  Praise Him and see your burdens lift, if only for a time.  You need that rest that only HE can provide.

Praise is a big part of my BLESSED LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment