hope sign

hope sign

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Mother May I???

Today I am late posting because I spent some much needed time with my Mom.  I have a very special Mom.  She has become one of my best friends in the past 20 years.  It is truly amazing when your parent goes from "the parentals" to "friends".

As many can tell you, I am just like my mother.  I talk like her, sing like her, carry myself like her, love like her, think like her.  I have never been one of those women who say, "Don't say I am like my Mom."  I take it as a compliment because I think my Mom is the best.

My Mother, Lorraine Estep, has a strength that I have not seen in many people.  She taught me how to respect & love my father.  Because of they way she has loved my father, I can love my husband and respect my husband the way God intended.  She is a safe place to run.  Even when I know I have done wrong, I can run to Mom.  Does she pat me on the back and tell me lies...NO, not at all.  She always tells me the truth is love.  Bo calls her his best friend.  Let's face it, Newlyweds are dumb.  23 years ago, I was a dumb Newlywed.  I called my husband names and treated him disrespectfully at times.  I always thought I had just cause but my Mother told me something different.  So I had to train my mouth to speak kindly and thoughtfully.  It changed our relationship.

I love to hear my Mom sing and preach.  Her understanding of the WORD amazes me.  She knows it & lives it.  Her heart is truly after God.  She is a praying woman.  I can close my eyes and go back 20-30 years when I was a young girl, listening to her pray.  Praying for all of her children, congregation, family...A Godly woman.

Mom, Kelcie, Cheryl & Me
Shopping Day 



My beautiful Mommy Laughing...
She has the best laugh in the World
Mom, Juliana & Lauren
Our shopping trip
for Juliana's wedding gown
As I was driving home today, my only thought was that I always want to be a blessing to my mother.  A blessing like she has been to me.  She sacrificed for her children and the church.  She has always been a giver and my desire is to never be a burden, but always to be a lifter of the hands.  When she is weak, I want to be strong.  To hold up her hands when she isn't able.  To take the load of her shoulders whenever possible.  I love my Mom and I admire her.  

You say I am just like my Mother...THANK YOU!!!


A woman of Grace, 
A woman of Love, 
Full of Strength that only comes from Above.
It shows in her laugh,
through the tears she cries,
Its in her song,
In her speech, 
Her walk.  
It shines through her smiley eyes.

She is a Godly Woman
Who carries His Word in her heart
Teaching her children the way of the LORD.

She is one of a kind
Our blessing from God
My Mother, My friend
My Confidant.  

A Huge Part of my BLESSED LIFE!!!







2 comments:

  1. WOW! That made me cry! I agree and I wish she was my mom....oh wait a minute...SHE IS!!! We are blessed to have her indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you! Your mom is truly an inspiration to all of us! Even though I just met her, I feel like I have known her my whole life!!

    ReplyDelete