hope sign

hope sign

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Be Still

Even in the winter, His light shines on ...God is God, even when we are going through difficult times


I recently wrote on the white board in my kitchen, "Be still my soul, Be Still", as a reminder that even through the difficult days, He can quiet the storm within.  It seems to be a theme in the lives of so many that I know right now.

A lesson that I learned many years ago is the power of the tongue.  Proverbs 16:21(MSG) says,  "Words kill, words give life; they're either poison or fruit-you choose."  Most of us know that we need to weigh our words when we talk to our children & to others, BUT, we need to weigh our words when we talk to ourselves.

I know we all talk to ourselves, maybe not out loud but in our mind.  Speak words of life.  "I can do this", " I am fearfully & wonderfully made", " This is just a season, things will get better"... you have that power in your own life.

Be Still My Soul, Be Still....


Spring...Life...Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment