hope sign

hope sign

Friday, January 29, 2016

Because of LOVE


My Friday Morning, January 29, 2016 prayer...

Lord, let the words from my mouth uplift and show others You.

That love will flow.

Compassion, understanding, grace and mercy.

It is so important that as an ambassador of You, I am loving and gracious, kind and generous-Speaking truth in love...at all times.

Strength with Humility

Guidance with Compassion

Knowledge with Understanding

Vision with Wisdom

Instruction with Grace

Discipline with Mercy

Ephesians 4:1-3 NLT
Therefore, I, a prisoner for serving the LORD, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God.
Always be humble and gentle.  Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love.
Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together in peace.

 So many times in my hurt, angry, selfishness, I want to lash out.  I have had to type out my blog only to delete it all because my words were nothing but angry, hurtful, pointless dribble.  I can't put that stuff out there.  Do nothing in anger. This has to be drilled into me, day after day.  It is a lesson that I have had to learn over and over again.  So I pray the prayer above...many different ways but the desire is the same.


Let the Your vision/mission for me and those around me be greater than my selfish desires.  Ignite this passion in me for others.  Let it drive me to get up in the morning, dressed and out the door.  Let my love for You, Father, compel me to reach out and love better than the day before. 


It's not about how people treat us.  It's about how we love God.  It's all for Him and He is so gracious that He allows us to reap the blessings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment