hope sign

hope sign

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

A Sacred Day Before Our LORD

Merry Christmas!!!

Me and my love, BO BO Baby

I know I have been MIA for a while.  No excuses just absent from blog land.  

This Christmas season has been very busy.  We even had 5 days in Florida to see my daughter graduate college right in the middle of December.  We took the grandparents, kids, grands and the graduate plus boyfriend to Disney several days while in Florida.  It was an amazing time.  

The whole Maryland crew with the Graduate

My kids

This morning, I get up, fix my coffee and sit down in my quiet kitchen to do my daily devotions and prayer.  Today, I am filled with so much joy after what I read...



And Nehemiah[a] continued, 
“Go and celebrate 
with a feast of rich foods 
and sweet drinks, 
and share gifts of food 
with people who have nothing prepared. 
This is a sacred day before our Lord. 
Don’t be dejected and sad, 
for the joy of the Lord is your strength!”
-Nehemiah 8:10 NLT

Sing, O daughter of Zion;
    shout aloud, O Israel!
Be glad and rejoice with all your heart,
    O daughter of Jerusalem!
 For the Lord will remove his hand of judgment
    and will disperse the armies of your enemy.
And the Lord himself, the King of Israel,
    will live among you!
At last your troubles will be over,
    and you will never again fear disaster.
-Zephaniah 3:14-15

We have such a promise and reason to celebrate today.  So many say that we over indulge at Christmas...and they are probably right...BUT I believe this day is sacred unto the LORD.  This is the day we have set aside to celebrate the greatest gift this world has ever been give, JESUS.  I love what Nehemiah wrote to give gifts of food to those who have nothing prepared...I have seen so many churches and families give and give and give this year.  I am in awe of the capacity of some to love without boundaries.  To give without strings.  Doing just as the scripture says.  


We have been reminded in many ways that so many face depression and feelings of being rejected but I love what it says in Nehemiah..."the joy of the LORD is your strength!"  Don't let others put that on you.  Zephaniah...Sing, O daughter of Zion!!!  We have a reason to sing this day.  Christmastime is here.  The Christ child is here.  Our promise has come.  Oh what a day of rejoicing, celebrating with family and friends, eating our sweets and drinking our sweet drinks.  This day is sacred to the LORD.  

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!!  
THE VANDYKE FAMILY 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment