hope sign

hope sign

Monday, April 20, 2015

She Is Mine




I have failed Him in so many ways.  
Thrown away His love and trust He so freely gave.
He looked beyond my past and scars.
Opened His arms and filled my heart with grace and forgiveness, a new life and peace.
 
But I couldn't resist this world I tried to leave.
I wanted fame and gifts and the love I thought I left.
I resisted His life of freedom and forgiveness.
He continued to pursue me and always opened the door.
 
I continued to leave and come back...His heart, a revolving door.
Till the life I chose took it's toll.
It used me up and then rejected me.
 
Now I am for sale like a used up old chair.
On the auction block of life, alone, ugly and frail.
No one wants what I have to give anymore.
The gifts have ceased, the love has dried up, I am no longer useful, wanted or famous for my beauty is all gone.
I am alone...no one to call my own.
 
I look around and all my friends are gone, there isn't one bid for me, the room is silent, with my head hanging low, I know this is how it will end.  No hope for one...me...the has been. 
She is mine, I hear, in the midst of my shame.  
The One I rejected so many times, calls my name.
I love you He says, come on home with me.  I paid your debt, you are free.  
 
With open arms He welcomed me home once more.  
It's like He forgot my sin against Him.   
How can this be when I am a woman fallen? 
He sees a beauty that no one else sees, He sees the beauty that is hidden inside me.

We are so much like the Children of Israel in Hosea...we leave God continuously for a life filled with empty promises and unfulfilled dreams.  

But His word says:
The Lord says,
“Then I will heal you of your faithlessness;
    my love will know no bounds,
    for my anger will be gone forever.
Hosea 14:4 

He is willing to forget and forgive, if we will return to Him.  Even when it seems like all is lost and forgiveness shouldn't be allowed, He forgives and will heal us...amazing love.

I wrote the above piece thinking about Hosea and Gomer...Jesus and Me.  I am thankful for His unfailing love, grace and mercy.

Jesus Restores My Soul

No comments:

Post a Comment