hope sign

hope sign

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Encouragement Makes A Difference In Performance

Kelcie and I at lunch...photo by Bo.
Yes, we are eating outside.
Loving the sun on my face!!
We spent most of last week in Florida visiting our daughter.  It was beautiful weather and of course, no snow...ahhhh, there was warm sunny days. But since Florida is not my home, I had to return to Maryland.  Even though I miss going outside without dressing in a sweater, scarf, coat, boots, socks and gloves...it is good to be home.  I love being home.  It was amazing to get away for a couple of days but truly home is where I belong.  

Our reality today.  It is beautiful but cold!

We were thrilled to join in worship with Living Water Church in Eagle Lake Florida.  They are such a blessing to us and our daughter.  She has been attending there for over 5 years now.  Amazing worship and sound, lively, Spirit filled preaching by their Pastor, Matt Malone.  I am truly thankful for this church and the pastors.  They have been a lifeline to so many.  

Pastor Malone spoke Sunday morning and said, "Encouragement makes a difference in performance."  He read from Hebrews 11 & 12.  Hebrews 12:1 starts off by saying, "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith..."  Crowd of witnesses, chapter 11 talks about this crowd of witnesses, Abel, Noah, Moses, Jacob, the harlot, Rahab, Gideon, David, Samuel.  It mentioned many more but you can read it if you desire.  All had great victories, all had struggles and sins.  I love to read about the great hero's of our faith.  I love to read about the ones who came after them, giving their lives for Truth-Jesus Christ.  This great crowd of witnesses who are in heaven cheering us on, saying, "You can do it, Kimi!!"  "If a drunkard, cheater, harlot, least in his family of leasts and murderer can do it, you can do it!"  

What about people we know who have made it to the finish line with great faith?  People we have watched and loved and prayed for that found their healing in heaven.  I have so many that come to mind like Mary Marsh, Roberta Dunn, Trudy Barr.  Their words of encouragement while on earth still makes a difference in my performance.  I know they are cheering me on from heaven. "You can do it, KIMI!!!"  

Christians are still being martyred for their faith.  We are hearing of it more and more but it has been going on for many years in many countries.  What would they say to us?  I believe they would say, "You can do it!!!"

I want to be an encouragement to someone today.  If it's by my words, great...if it's by my actions, awesome!  

We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, 
the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. 
Because of the joy awaiting him, 
he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. 
Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne. 
 Think of all the hostility he endured from sinful people;
 then you won’t become weary and give up. 
-Hebrews 12: 2-3 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment