hope sign

hope sign

Friday, January 2, 2015

Water-Life or Lethal

What will it take for me to change?

How can I become what God has called me to be?


It's a scary thought..."less of me and more of You".  

If I decrease so He can increase, isn't that going to be painful and uncomfortable?

For the last couple of days, a scripture has come across my computer on many sites and even when I opened up my daily reading, there it was again. 

For I am about to do
something new.
See, I have already begun!
Do you not see it?
I will make a pathway
through the wilderness.
I will create rivers in 
the dry wasteland.
-Isaiah 43:19 AMP

I guess this is where I have to be BRAVE.  

I do trust the LORD down to the deepest part of me.  I just have trouble trusting myself.  

You see, He will only do what we allow.  He is such a gracious and loving Father that He doesn't want to force us into submission and change.  If we refuse, He removes Himself...even though He knows what is best for us.  


It might mean that I have to do things that are uncomfortable and even do things that are not about me (goes against the worlds view of pleasing yourself first).  


The scripture is such a Faith booster but what if that river God is creating goes right through the walls that I have built up?  Yes, water is usually a good thing but it is also the most destructive force in the world.  It takes down whole cities and wipes lands clean of man made structures and can take a life.  Water gives life and water can take it away.  


I see now that I have to be BRAVE.  

Take out what needs to go and nourish with the river, what needs to live...This is my prayer.  

I know I need to change.  I am not perfected yet-this is not easy to admit most of the time.  I don't want to be comfortable in my wilderness wasteland.  

So many times, we say we want to change and do the will of God, as long as it isn't uncomfortable and doesn't require anything from us.  We don't want God to take anything away, we just want Him to add to our egos, pocketbooks, houses and lands.  

It's going to be uncomfortable.  It's going to interfere with our plans and it will require action, time, tears, heart searching...sometimes, it requires everything.


So I guess the real question is, Can I be BRAVE enough for change?

I think this is going to be an interesting year.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment