hope sign

hope sign

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

It Matters...

Hello there again.  I am finally well enough to write.  I am so excited to be back.  I may not be able to go anywhere, but my fingers work and I can write. 

                                     Whoo Hoo!!!!  

The past few weeks are blurred with coughing and sleeping but my days are looking up.  

My amazing husband and son went out a got me a Christmas Tree.  It took me a full day to decorate it but it's beautiful.  My son also got his first tree for his family and I gave him his ornaments that we have collected over the years.  I cried.  It was like handing him a piece of my heart.  But, I did it!!  Very proud of myself.




I love that I have such a giving family.  I'm not talking about just my immediate family, I mean my whole family.  They have been blessed with the gift of giving.  My Grandmother, Aunts, Cousins, Sisters, Brother, Parents, Nieces, Nephews...I am blessed to be a part of this wonderful bunch.  

This time of year, we are reminded to give.  I have always believed that a giver will never be without something to give.  If you have doubts about giving to someone, give anyway.  You should always err on the side of giving, because, what if you are wrong...?  Now, use wisdom.  But I would rather be taken then to be selfish.  What is more precious than life?  Things will pass, money comes and goes...it's how we treat each other that matters.  

Throughout this sickness I have had several people text me and ask me how I am feeling, telling me that they are praying for me.  I am so grateful for each and every text, phone call and prayer.  It is truly a gift to me from each of these caring people.  It matters!!  It lifted my spirits and made me feel loved. To know that I am missed and in someone's thoughts and prayers almost makes me cry.  Feeling a part of something, matters.  Knowing that I matter...matters.  



If you have an opportunity to give, especially at Christmas, take it!  Make an effort to be a blessing to someone.  Remember, a giver always has something to give and the opposite is true too.  A person who doesn't want to give, will always come up short, they will never have enough money, time, love, attention.

What category do you fall in?  I hope I always err on the side of giving.  One thing I know to be true, 100% true...You cannot out-give God!!!

Have a blessed day. 






No comments:

Post a Comment