hope sign

hope sign

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Light, Fall, Jesus, Life

Sunday evening, my daughter, Juliana, called and asked if I could take her family pictures on Monday afternoon.  Her husband works nights and Monday is the best day to get things done because he doesn't sleep all day.  Of course I said yes and then I started thinking where we would do these photos.  She wanted them taken in my backyard, which was great...not a huge commute...lol.  

I love taking photos in the fall.  The light is perfect.  The trees are spectacular. Even the color of the grass compliments what you are trying to accomplish. The orange, green, red and yellow of the leaves are the natural filters needed.  

I am not a professional photographer.  I play and take pics of my family and friends.  I love photography and would love to learn more but there are only so many hours in the day and days in the week.  

One thing I love about photography is how you get to play with light.  Light brings life into a photo or it can totally make things look crazy.  




This photo was taken during the baby dedications at church.  My girl Melody took the pic...not sure what she did, but our Elder, Bruce looks like he should be on Touched By An Angel...lol.  This is an example of light making things crazy.  Cool pic but not one for the wall.

I got to play with the light yesterday before Juliana and her family arrived.  It had been a while since I just got to play with the camera and light.  


I put the sun in the middle of this tree, just by adjusting my position.  


The first photo is enhanced to show the color, the second is not.  I love both photos.  

Goofy pic of Henry.  One of my favorites from yesterday because it shows his personality.


I love the color of the trees and brush in this pic of Henry. The light gives it that enchanted forest look.  

Light, so important for photography.  One spot of light can change the outcome of a photo.  One spot of light can change the outcome of a life.  How?  

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, 
“I am the light of the world. 
Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, 
but will have the light of life.”
-John 8:12 ESV

Light=Life
Jesus (light)=Life


Just a little thought for the day.  I hope you are blessed and enjoy the fall light.






No comments:

Post a Comment