hope sign

hope sign

Monday, September 15, 2014

Loves Capacity To Grow

On September 12, 2014, we welcomed our 4th grandson, Kenneth Dudley VanDyke, V, "BO", into this world and into our family.  Our hearts have grown with the addition of this little life.  He is perfect and very loved.

When I was younger, I worried that I couldn't love another like I loved my baby Jake (Bo's daddy).  I worried that when I had another baby, it wouldn't be this all encompassing love that I felt for Jake.  I was worried that others who loved Jake so much, would be able to love my next baby with such devotion and commitment.  Boy, was I wrong.

It is a God given grace that allows us to love.  It amazes me, the capacity of love to grow and welcome new loves at the same time.  As soon as I found out that I was pregnant with my 2nd child, love grew...my heart expanded.  There is no end to our capacity to love.

So, when I look at Henry, Parker, Luke and Bo...I ooze love from every part of my being.  This Grammy's ability to love has no end, no boundaries, no limits.

I know that is how God loves us.  Amazing.  Family...the reflection of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment