hope sign

hope sign

Monday, July 14, 2014

WORDS WORDS WORDS



Poppie Jake and Luke Aaron 

Words! Words! Words! I’m so sick of words! 
I get words all day through;
First from him, now from you! 
Is that all you blighters can do? 
Don’t talk of stars burning above; 
If you’re in love, Show me! 
Tell me no dreams filled with desire.
If you’re on fire, Show me!
Here we are together in the middle of the night!
Don’t talk of spring! Just hold me tight! 
Anyone who’s ever been in love’ll tell you that 
This is no time for a chat!
Haven’t your lips longed for my touch? 
Don’t say how much, Show me! Show me!
Don’t talk of love lasting through time. 
Make me no undying vow. Show me now!

Sing me no song! Read me no rhyme! 
Don’t waste my time, Show me! 
Don’t talk of June, Don’t talk of fall! 
Don’t talk at all! Show me! 
Never do I ever want to hear another word.
There isn’t one I haven’t heard. 
Here we are together in what ought to be a dream; 
Say one more word and I’ll scream! 
Haven’t your arms hungered for mine? 
Please don’t “expl’ine,” Show me! Show me! 
Don’t wait until wrinkles and lines 
Pop out all over my brow,
Show me now!
-My Fair Lady

I can hear Eliza Doolittle singing this song in My Fair Lady.  In her frustration of being in love with a man who doesn't recognize it.  WORDS WORDS WORDS!!!  That is all he was, WORDS!  He used words instead of actions.  He used words instead of feelings.  He hid behind the word game and used his words to get his own way and even at times, he used his words as weapons to hurt others.  He got so tangled up in the words that he lost the heart of what was happening around him and to him.  

We can so easily be just like Henry Higgins from My Fair Lady.  

We speak, we instruct, we rebuke, we sing, we give speeches, we preach, we teach
                          ...but are we showing it?  

Are we reaching out?  

Are we teaching by our actions?  

Are we giving?  

Are we loving?  

Are we just WORDS WORDS WORDS????


John 13:35The Message (MSG)

34-35 “Let me give you a new command: Love one another. In the same way I loved you, you love one another. This is how everyone will recognize that you are my disciples—when they see the love you have for each other.”

The scripture here is not telling us to talk about it.  It is telling us to do it...LOVE.  How we live this life of love, that is how others will know.  That is where you will get your identity as a follower/disciple of Christ.  

Quit lashing out on face book or twitter or whatever social media you use.  Kill hate/fear with love.  Don't become what you are trying to fight against or who you are lashing out at.  You want love, show love.  It takes more than words.  

Give more than you receive.

Love more than you are loved.

Laugh more than you cry.

Listen more than you talk.

Lift up more.

Build more.

Encourage more.


Others may not understand it but you will be a happier person and so will they.  

Have a blessed day.










No comments:

Post a Comment