hope sign

hope sign

Friday, April 4, 2014

Sometimes, God Says No...

I pray that God, 
the source of hope, 
will fill you completely 
with joy and peace 
because you trust in him. 
Then you will overflow 
with confident hope 
through the power 
of the Holy Spirit.
-Romans 15:13 NLT

This is my prayer for you and me on this Friday.  

This may come as no big surprise to you, but God can fill you with peace and joy even in the hardest of times.  That's not saying that we are oblivious to what needs to be done and the reality of the situation but we know Who our source is.  We know Who can bring us through.  We know Who has all authority in heaven and on earth.  

I was talking to my sisters, brother in law and mom last night about when God says No.  We see it so many times as God is not answering our prayers.  But sometimes, God says, "No Kimi, you cannot have what you are asking for.  It is not what is best for you or your family."  We try and dismiss this as an unanswered prayer, when the reality of it is, God said No.  

When I was a little girl, I had the hardest time asking for things.  I would have my little sister go and ask for me...I was afraid of being told no.  I don't know why.  It's not like Mom and Dad would beat me if the answer was no but I was still too afraid to ask.  If I was hot at night, I would have Cheryl go into Mom and Dads room and ask for a fan.  They would always bring a fan in if we were hot.  Why did I fear this?  I truly think, I just have never liked being told, No.  I still don't.  

So many times, I am still like a kid who doesn't like the answer no, so I just keep asking, truly believing that the answer will change, once I wear God down.  It doesn't work.

Rest in His love, giving him the authority in your life.  Knowing that He is our source and when He says no, it's not because He is too lazy or unable but because He knows best...He knows all.  

Romans 15:13 lets us know Who our source is...GOD.  Even when God says no, He is still the source of our hope.  He is still the source of our joy and peace.  

Be encouraged today, take it with you this weekend and let it overflow to your family, neighbors, church, friends.  

Happy Birthday to my son in law
Aaron Clough
You are very loved and we are thankful for you!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment