hope sign

hope sign

Friday, April 18, 2014

Recharge





Take me past the outer courts into the holy place
Past the brazen altar, 
Lord, I want to see Your face
Pass me by the crowds of people, 
the Priest who sing Your praise
I hunger and thirst 
for Your righteousness 
but it's only found one place

Take me in to the holy of holies
Take me in by the blood of the Lamb
Take me in to the holy of holies
Take the coal, touch my lips, here I am

by Kutless


This is my prayer today.  When I sing this song, I feel the struggle.  Sometimes, it's a struggle to just have a moment to pray, to spend time with the LORD.  To me, this song is so visual.  I can see myself, fighting off the things that want to keep me from the holy of holies.  In the holy of holies, in His presence, that is where I desire to be.  

It's not only bad things that can keep us from our destination or goal.  We can be busy doing good things, reaching out to others.  But if we don't take the time to recharge, everyday with Jesus, in the Word, in prayer, we will become burnt out.  

My sister wrote the song, "I Can Be Free In Your Presence".  We are struggling to get to the holy of holies, where His presence is so that we can be free.

I can be free
In Your presence.
Offering all I am.
Releasing my pain
Feeling no shame for who I was
Cause I now know who I am.
I must be alone with You
Before my day is through.
Guide me by Your grace
Until I see Your face
Abiding in
The presence of the King.
by Christian Estep Wright

I hope you find the time today to be in His presence.  

Happy Easter!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment