hope sign

hope sign

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

You Could Have Peed On My Head


Me 24 years ago at my High School graduation

24 years ago, about this time of year, I was a newlywed and newly pregnant.  I grew up in Maryland but had never had the pleasure of having crabs, until after I was married.

Bo had to teach me the skill of picking crabs and getting my hands all messy (Never a fan of messy hands).  We ate crabs until we were full and then headed home to our tiny 1 bedroom apartment.

We watched TV until we fell asleep on our pull out couch.  Yes, our bedroom was only big enough for a bed OR dressers so we had to make a choice.  We chose a pull out couch.  It was comfy for the most part.  Never bothered me until like the 8th month of pregnancy.

Back to the story…

About 2:00 AM, I wake up sick as a dog!

I almost had to crawl to the bathroom.

I was disposing of the crabs from my first crab feast.

Laying on the bathroom floor, I hear someone coming into the kitchen and the door opens…

It's Him…

my Hubby…

He's going to wipe my head and get me a drink and do all the things that my mom would do if I were still at home, right?

WRONG!!!

My wonderful husband steps over me and pees in the toilet, turns around, steps back over me and goes back to bed!!!!!

I am an 18 year old, pregnant, sick, red headed ball of anger by this time.  My only thought was, How could he do this to me?  Doesn't he even care that I am so sick.  I am pregnant with his baby and he doesn't even ask me if I am OK?

Okay, maybe more than one thought…

I finish with my sickness, clean up the bathroom, get my own drink and go back to bed…ANGRY!!

He gets up in the morning all chipper and of course, I am not.  I watch him get up and my mind is racing 100 miles an hour.  I had so much to say to him but the only thing that came out was,

"You could have peed on my head!!!"  

He turns and looks at me like I am crazy.  "What are you talking about?"  This question makes me even more mad.  I explain the whole situation and then I realize, he had no idea what had happened.  He was asleep the whole time.  We laughed, he apologized and it has become a favorite story of mine.


Isn't life funny!!  I am sick today and this story came to my mind as I was laying in my bed, feeling horrible.  I guess it could be worse…lol

I hope you all have a great day and that you are all well.

No comments:

Post a Comment