hope sign

hope sign

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

There is no fear in love...


My grandmother…she has been through so
many things in this life but she knows
her source.  I thank God for her.
Picture by Jodie Jewel (my cousin)
You will keep him in 
perfect peace, 
Whose mind is stayed on 
You,
Because he trusts in You.
Isaiah 26:3 NKJV

Me and my girls a couple of years ago.  
I read on another blog this morning, something that made me think of the scripture above. 

If you are depressed,
you are living in the past.
If you are anxious,
you are living in the future.
If you are at Peace,
you are living in the present.

When we focus on what has passed we do become very depressed.  I have to watch myself because I will focus so hard at remembering the times when my kids were little and how much I should have done this or that; I become sad and hopeless.  This is not what memories are suppose to do.  They are to bring us comfort and laughter, not depression.

The same thing happens when we are constantly looking ahead instead of living in today and enjoying today.  We focus so much on whats going to happen or what can happen that we lose the magic of the right now.  We can become anxious and fearful.  While everyone is enjoying life, we are fearful of what tomorrow can bring.

It can become a vicious cycle.  You realize that today will become yesterday so we will continue to be depressed and anxious if we don't find peace.  Peace isn't the absence of struggles or bad things…it's the Presence of The LORD.  

Bo and I in El Nido, Philippines Palawan

There is no fear in love;
but perfect love casts out fear,
because fear involves torment.
1 John 4:18a NKJV

Enjoy today.  Our wet weather-keeps me from watering the flowers.  It's damp outside-snuggles under the blanket while watching old movies.  Find some joy in today.  


No comments:

Post a Comment