hope sign

hope sign

Friday, July 12, 2013

Rain, Festival, Prayers and Laughter

Me and my great friend Vikie at the party store.
GREAT TIME!!!!
It's the day before our church's Community Festival.

Games are made.

                              Food is bought.

                                                         People are pumped at Christ The King Church.

My living room, dining room and kitchen looks like it is producing festival items while I sleep.

bags & giveaways
I wake up to the sound of the loudest, hardest, longest rain!!!!  My heart drops and I pray, "LORD, please make it stop now so we can set up tonight."

Guess what happened??

You will never guess in a million years….

I couldn't believe it myself….

IT RAINED HARDER AND HARDER AND HARDER!!!

My family room filled with mini beach balls


Well to tell the truth, that made me laugh.  Why?  I don't know but that laugh lifted my spirits and I was filled with joy and my heart became light.  

I know it's not the normal response but I couldn't help it.  I have to go downstairs and fill all these bags for the Friday Night Light booth and I have great anticipation to see who God brings to CTK tomorrow-RAIN OR SHINE!!!  

More prizes and giveaways 

Tomorrow's festival is about touching our community. It is not about church growth, showing who we are, advertising or anything other than being His Hand Extended.  It's saying that JESUS LOVES YOU and SO DO WE.

Sometimes we as humans just need a touch.  We just need someone to reach out and say, "I'm here for you."  It may not change their circumstance but it may change their perspective, which can change everything.

We are inviting everyone and it won't cost anything for food, games, prizes, entertainment and fellowship.  I told Scovia that if we don't have anyone show up but CTK members, we are still going to have a good time.  I just love our church family.  We come from all walks of life.  Our common ground is that we are all brothers and sisters in Christ.  His precious blood unites us, we are family.  I LOVE IT!!!

I think of a song that my mom used to sing when I was a little girl.

Let Me Touch Him

Let me touch Him; let me touch Jesus.
Let me touch Him, as He passes by.
Then when I shall reach out to others;
They shall know Him,
They shall live and not die.

O, to be His hand extended.
Reaching out to the oppressed.
Let me touch Him; let me touch Jesus.
So that others may know and be blessed.

I was straying so far from Jesus;
I was lonely, had no peace within;
Then the hand of my Savior touched me;
Now I'm reaching to others in sin.

This is my desire, to touch someone with the Love of Jesus.  So rain or shine tomorrow, I will be at 410 Webb Lane, Havre de Grace Maryland…Reaching out to others.  

We may be a small church, to some, insignificant, but we have what someone needs…THE TOUCH OF HIS HAND.  


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  I pray you have the opportunity to touch someone with love and compassion.  

Know that you are living a Blessed Life.








No comments:

Post a Comment