hope sign

hope sign

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I Must Be Alone With You

View from my quiet place…
of course there is coffee
I have not been able to write for the past couple of days.  But my daughter came early to pick up my grandson so I have a minute or two extra today.  To be honest, I could have written last night but I am such a sucker for movies even if I have seen them 100 times.  Last night it was O Brother, Where Art Thou.  I like that movie even though it is strange.

I use You Version on my phone for reading scripture.  Yesterday I decided to start a couple of new devotionals that are available through You Version.  One of them is called, Prayers of Jesus.  Today as I reading through the scriptures, I noticed something that never stood out to me before…Jesus often went alone to pray.

Mark 1:35 says, "Now in the morning, having risen a long while before daylight, He went out and departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed."

Mark 6:46 says, "And when He had sent them away, He departed to the mountain to pray."

Luke 5:16 says, "So He Himself often withdrew into the wilderness and prayed."

These three scriptures put in my mind a song that my sister wrote years ago called, "I Can Be Free."

I Can Be Free 
by Christian Estep Wright

I can be free in your presence,
Offering all I am 
Releasing my pain
Feeling no shame for who I was 
Cause I now know who I am.
Lord, I must be, 
Alone with you
Before my day is through.
Guide me by your grace
Until I see your face,
Abiding in the 
Presence of the King.

Even Jesus had to be alone with His Father.  There are days that I live for the quiet moments, not to talk  or petition Jesus for anything but just to feel His presence.  Just to know that He is loving me and He is with me.  It gives me strength, it helps make me feel complete.  For I was created to commune with Him.

I am so thankful for my office.  I have come to realize how much I depend on this place for solitude and time with the LORD.  Even if it is just reading His Word or just thinking on things.  This is the place that I have to pray and write and create.  Getting my grace for the day until I see His face.

I pray that you each get a moment or two to spend in the presence of the King of Kings.

Here are some pics from our Church's Community Festival:

Kirt in the dunking booth…I love this

Ian letting Aunt Kimi get a cool pic…love this one too

Our Tender Heart (Vikie)…always has a tender heart

Junior Boom and BO

Spider Man Daniel and Bo putting on their fierce faces


1 comment:

  1. BTW, all the pics are great..and I would adopt Junior Boom if they would let me! I loved my little shadow on church festival day.

    ReplyDelete