hope sign

hope sign

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

He Can, He's Able, He Will...

"And now, O Lord God,
You are God, 
And Your words are true,
And You have promised this
Goodness to Your Servant."
2 Samuel 7:28 NKJV

Well I have been 42 for 2 days and already I have celebrated 2 times.  2 cakes, 2 "Happy Birthday To You" songs,  2 surprises…I am overwhelmed.  

My husband, he is always thinking of me.  Last night he got a very basic, not appetizing dinner of grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches with chips and water to drink.  He helped me clean up the kitchen and then I went outside to play basketball with Kelcie.  Not knowing this whole time that he had a little party for me brewing.  

When people started showing up at the house, I didn't think anything of it.  Sometimes that happens and I was just happy to see everyone.  Until I came downstairs and there were candles on a cake with everyone singing "Happy Birthday".  I was stunned.  

I have the best family and the very best husband.  I didn't get to take any pictures because I was enjoying the moment.  Sometimes you have to put the camera down to participate in the wonderful activity of family life.  

I love surprises…I like to give them and receive them.  

I hope you have a good surprise today.  

I read this on You Version…She Reads Truth: Women In The Bible, Part 2

"Nothing is impossible with God.
What have you deemed impossible of God,
either by logic or because the thought
would never have even crossed your mind?"

This question just keeps stirring in my soul.  I read it and reread it and copied it, pasted it, wrote it down, typed it and now I am sharing it with you.  What have I deemed impossible?  I don't know why this is stirring in me but someone (probably me) needs to look up and know that God is God no matter the circumstance, no matter the struggle, no matter how bleak it may seem.  He can, He's able, He WILL bring you through.  

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment