hope sign

hope sign

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A Walk In The Rain

I will walk with him for the rest of my life
There is something romantic about walking in the rain, in the city, holding the arm of the one you love under your umbrella, laughing and dreaming, planning and remembering, talking and growing deeper the relationship that has brought you to this place.  That was how I spent Sunday Night, Monday and Tuesday, celebrating my 24th Wedding Anniversary with Bo.  We had a wonderful time even though the rain kept us from doing things we had originally intended to do, it was fun and romantic.



Our room at 1715 Rittenhouse

Little bottle of cream served with my coffee.
This was cute and a great place to eat.


 5 Things I learned on this trip to the city.

1. Bring reading glasses to restaurant, you no longer have perfect vision and the lighting isn't any help!

2. Carry an umbrella everywhere you go.

3. Bring sensible shoes, brick and cobblestone sidewalks are not meant for your Valentino's!!!

4. Carry a small purse…

5. It is quicker on foot than by car…EVERY street is ONE WAY!!!





I am so thankful for a husband who loves to surprise me and who keeps the flame burning.  He understands the need for alone time and the need for a change of scenery.  I love this man and the life we have together.  No, we do not always get along but we work at our marriage and it works for us.  

I just read a quote from Socrates that says, 

"By all means marry.  If you get a good wife, you'll become happy.  If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."

I hope my husband is as happy as I am and never becomes a philosopher.  

I hope you are each having a great day and remember, SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO DANCE IN THE RAIN!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment