hope sign

hope sign

Monday, June 24, 2013

Six Months of Change…Six More To Go.

kind of a blurry pic from the reception
My word of the year is always creeping up on me when I least expect it…changes.  To be quite honest about it, I had almost forgotten that in January, I chose a word of the year.  But here I am again, thinking about changes and how changes can be good and bad.  Changes can be exhilarating and scary. One change usually begets another change and on and on.

The decorations for the reception
I am not opposed to changes.  As a matter of fact, there are times that I crave a change.  It really doesn't matter what kind of change, just something different.  Bo knows this about me and thankfully, he accepts it.  I'm not talking about big changes like where I live or who I love, just small things like hair color, furniture placement (get that from my mom), change of scenery…just something different.  Now the furniture placement is a family trait.  I always thought that my Mom moved her furniture around because it made everything feel new without going and buying new furniture…quite genius don't you think?!  
Emily and Tony (his hand) coming into the tent

We had a change this weekend.  My niece, Emily, got married.  If you follow me on Facebook then you know this because of all the pictures I posted.  Now, you may say, this isn't a change for me but it is.  It changes the dynamics of our family and extended family.  We now have a Miller on the family tree.  I pray that they are happy, healthy and always stay close to God.

Her dress was almost as beautiful as her

When I chose the word, change, for my word of the year, I had no idea how these changes would effect my life.  I only want the changes that God has ordained for me and my family.  So far in the first six months of 2013, my life has seen many changes.  Not only changes in the dynamics of my home life or family life but also in the spiritual.  Spiritual changes effect every aspect of living, thinking, meditating, dreaming, working, family, physical…everything.  I am still growing and changing and to be quite honest, I am looking forward to see what else 2013 has in store for me and my family.

Emily and her daddy Roy dancing...
I will do my part in this season of change and I will gladly let God do His.  If God says it needs to change, I will, to the best of my ability, step out of the way and let Him get to work on me!!!

I pray you each are having a great Monday and this week will be full of love, peace, goodness, kindness, gentleness and joy.


Me and my only love…we have been married almost 24 years


1 comment:

  1. Change can be scary .. but it can also be a great thing:) A beautiful bride and wedding! Fun pictures and wishing the family all the best.


    ReplyDelete