hope sign

hope sign

Friday, June 7, 2013

His Most Excellent Harmonies...

Gabriel being baptized by Bo and Stanley…
I love to see people being baptized…increasing
the reach of the Kingdom of God
With the rain falling down hard outside and the sky dark with clouds it is easy to feel a sense of dread or a pit feeling of sorrow.  We can easily look around and see what is wrong and feel despair or fear.  But I am reminded of the scripture II Timothy 1:7 (NKJV), "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."  

The Word of God gives us scriptures to help keep our minds strong and our outlooks positive.

Philippians 4:6-9 (MSG), "Don't fret or worry.  Instead of worrying, pray.  Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns.  Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down.  It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.  
Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious-the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse.  Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized.  Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies."


Isn't that a great promise?  His most excellent harmonies…makes me feel like I am in His Song.  He sings a song for me and with me, about me, because of me…His Harmonies.  He can take what looks hopeless and make it sing because it is being played by the Master.

I am choosing today to see the rain as restful, nourishment for my soul, for the ground, the crops.  The rain is cleansing away the hardness left over from winter and making the ground ready for new seed and in turn making it ready for a new harvest.  He makes all things new.

CeCe being baptized by Bo and Stanley...

Choose today to be positive and see what a mighty God we serve.  He is not surprised by anything and there isn't anything He can't handle.  I speak Peace to you today.  Peace of mind, body and spirit.

I pray your weekend is peaceful and surrounded by the love of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment