hope sign

hope sign

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Dinosaurs To Comfort Food...

My Juliana on her wedding day
So glad to see the sun shining this morning.  It is shining through my office windows and lamps causing rainbows on my floor that makes Henry happy.  Everything is glistening and the colors are bright from the rain.

Our family has always enjoyed a good rain.  We like to sit on the porch and enjoy coziness of a soft summer rain.  When it gets too hard or blowy or if there is lightening, I am inside in a flash.  Bo and the kids like to sit out there as long as they can.

Last night we enjoyed a comfort food dinner of meatloaf, mashed potatoes and peas with pearl onions.  It was the perfect meal for a dreary, rainy day.  Some foods feel like a hug.  Bo sent me a message that we needed comfort food and the vote was for meatloaf with the fixings.  My kids always got so excited when I made meat loaf which really wasn't that often (maybe that's why).

Yesterday was an inside day finished off with coffee on the front porch rocking in the chairs.  I say even with the rain, it was a good day in our home.  I am so thankful for these moments and days of being together.  From playing dinosaurs with Henry to making a meal for my family, each moment building memories and strength that will take us to the next.








No comments:

Post a Comment