hope sign

hope sign

Thursday, May 23, 2013

To Be At The Beach Is To Be Like Jesus…?


Getting ready for a vacation takes a lot of planning and organizing and packing and organizing and packing and organizing…get my drift?  We are getting ready for our annual family vacation to the Outer Banks.  We have been staying in the same house for several  years now.  We each know every part of this house, how the kitchen is stocked, what bedrooms we will stay in, no longer do we need directions to the home.  We love our home away from home, Davis Dunes II.  I fell in love with this home as soon as we stepped into the front door.

Perfection

This year, since we have all adults (except for Henry), we are trying to be a little more at ease with the menu and dinner plans.  Kind of spreading the duties, so to speak.  Our whole family loves this week and one day, we hope to increase it to two straight weeks.


Yes, me and Sarah…being like Jesus

Pastor Helen Bledsoe preached a message during our annual conference and she said something that has been my mantra since. She said that Jesus spent a lot of time at the sea shore.  He was found walking, teaching and making disciples on the sea shore.  So I have figured that to be most like Jesus, I need to be on the sea shore!!!!  Yes, this coming week, I will be on the sea shore, connecting with my Jesus (lol).


I hope you all have a fabulous Memorial Day and enjoy your activities.  Whether you are celebrating with family or having a quiet day at home, I hope you are doing what you love and are with those you love.  Many Americans gave their lives so that we could be free and have the time to enjoy those we hold dear.  So to all those who gave their lives, I honor you today and thank you.


I am not sure if I will be posting during our vacation.  I might post once or twice so I wanted to say thank you before I let the day get away from me.

Have a great weekend and remember how Blessed you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment