hope sign

hope sign

Monday, April 29, 2013

You Are Not Alone


Life can get so busy and wear us down to the point that we cannot find our joy.  We no longer enjoy our lives and nothing seems to satisfy or fulfill us.  Some may say, there is never enough money, never enough time, never enough fun, no rest for the weary…etc.  I think we can all say that we have visited this station before.  How do we, as Christians, leave the station of weariness?  

This has been on my mind for some time.  How do we get out of our funk?  

I find, many times when we are in our funk, the first thing we do is withdraw from assembling ourselves together.  Church is the first thing to go.  We are legitimately tired, we need a rest, we have too much on us.  But my mind goes to Psalms 118:14 KJV"The Lord is my strength and song, and is become my salvation."
  
Psalms 28:8 KJV, "The Lord is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed."  

Psalms 27:1 KJV, "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"  

Psalm 29:11 KJV, "The Lord will give strength unto his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace."  

It is my belief that church is not for the sinner but for the saint.  There are times that non believers come into the church and that is great and we love it when people are drawn in or brought by a friend.  But it was told to the church in Hebrews 10:25 KJV, "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another; and so much the more as ye see the day approaching."  

I like the way the Message Bible puts it, 22-25, "So let's do it-full of belief, confident the we're presentable inside and out.  Let's keep a firm grip on the promises that keep us going.  He always keeps his word.  Let's see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out, not avoiding worshiping together as some do but spurring each other on, especially as we see the big Day approaching."  

This is for us, to protect us, to strengthen us.  God knows that we are going to go through difficulties and we are going to struggle.  He has already provided a safe haven, a rest stop.

I want to encourage you today, that if you are in a funk, unable to find strength, you feel alone in your life, like the world is crashing on you and all around you…You are not alone.  Go to your house of prayer.  Don't neglect the one thing that is sure to give a moment (or more) of peace and will strengthen your spirit and body.  God's Word and His house are provided for us so that we have a place to go, specifically to commune with Him.  I have always found that the hardest thing about going, is getting ready.

"I was glad when they said unto me, let us go into the house of the LORD."  Psalm 122:1

I pray that you feel the strength of the LORD's arms wrapped around you today.  I pray that you see the goodness of God as you look at your life.



No comments:

Post a Comment