hope sign

hope sign

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Thankful Day Ten--Christmas Movies

Thankful Day 10--Today I am thankful for Christmas Movies.

I have a true love of Christmas movies.  I love the feeling they give me and sometimes I just have to watch one.  It doesn't matter what time of year, I just love them.

I remember one year on the fourth of July, Bo and I along with our 3 kids, went to my cousin Kenny's house for a cookout and swimming.  We had fireworks in their back yard and enjoyed everything that the fourth of July offers.  We went into the house after all the festivities and decided to watch Christmas Vacation.  Yes, we had a little Christmas in July that year.  It is a Fourth of July that I will never forget. Not to mention, I love my cousin and his wife very much.

White Christmas…Love this movie


Some of my favorite Christmas movies are, White Christmas (I've seen on and off Broadway), Miracle of 34th Street (Classic and the most recent), It's A Wonderful Life, Smokey Mountain Christmas, The Preachers Wife, Elf, Christmas With The Kranks, and ALL the animated ones from when I was a child.  My favorite way to watch the animated ones is when it comes on TV…it just feels more childlike to have to wait (makes sense to me).

This one is a must too.
Scovia and I watched one I had never seen on Thursday afternoon called A Christmas Snow.  I think it was done by a Christian group and it was good.  We both had a little cry.  I think that's one thing I love the most is something that makes me feel.  As if I have become a part of the story, part of the characters lives, something that makes me appreciate and love my life.  I like that most Christmas movies share a little bit of the Christmas Story.  Jesus is seen just a little…in some, not all.  I love the make believe of Santa Clause movies…the magic & wonderment of it all.  

Yes Bo, I am a Christmas Junkie.  I can't get enough of it all!!

One of my favorite lines of all!!

So this year as my Mama, sisters, daughters, nieces and I watch Christmas movies, quoting them as we go along, we will all be in 7th Heaven.  

"What's that smell?", "Well, that's fried pussy cat Clark" (Christmas Vacation).  

"Put one foot in front of the other, and soon you'll be walking across the floor.  Put one foot in front of the other, as soon you'll be walking out the door" (Santa Clause Is Coming To Town). 

"Every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings" (It's A Wonderful Life)

"Snow, Snow, Snow, Snow" (White Christmas)

"Grace, she's been dead for years" (Christmas Vacation)

C'MON, IT'S FUN…ENJOY THE CHRISTMAS MOVIES!!! They will add to your Blessed Life.



No comments:

Post a Comment