hope sign

hope sign

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

To Purge or Not To Purge…

I have over 15,000 pictures on my computer.  15,000!!!!!  So I am now in the process of going through all my photos.  My son purchased me an external hard drive so I could put just my pics on it.  In the process, I have found that I keep a bunch of pics that I don't need or want.  I have now purged 5,000 pictures off my computer onto my hard drive.  This is all part of my MEMORY HOARDING!

It is not easy going through pics and deciding whether or not you want to keep them but it is necessary. My computer was running so slow and it was eating up so much space.  I would be working on something and I couldn't continue because my computer would say "start up disk is full".  It drives me crazy to get interrupted.  It interferes with my thought process.  But it forced me to start the purge.

I guess we have a ton of stuff in our lives that we need to purge.  We hold onto things that eat up our space and slow us down.  I look at my house and how much stuff I have that I really don't need.  It slows me down when I am trying to get things done.  Looking deeper, what about my spiritual life?  What keeps me from reading scripture, praying, doing for others?  Could it be that I clutter up my life with business and "stuff" that I am too distracted to even remember that I haven't had my spiritual encounter today…if that is the case, it's time to purge.

My friend, Pearl Sanborn told me that her mother always told her to write things down and it frees the mind for other things.  So I am doing a version of that with my external hard drive and computer.  I am writing/downloading the pics on the hard drive to free up my computer for other things.  It forces me to see what is necessary and what is not.  Kind of like writing down thoughts or lists, it helps to prioritize what needs to be done.

So my main list for the day is:
1. Workout
2. Write my blog
3. Dishes
4. Play with Henry
5. Work on Friday Night Light
6. Church
7. Continue the photo purge

I know that things will not get done in this order but it gives me a goal and reminder that these things must be done.  Thanks Pearl for that piece of advice…it works.  Adding to MY BLESSED LIFE!!

ONE TO PURGE

ONE TO KEEP









No comments:

Post a Comment